Monday, April 18, 2011

Dragons Have Sucked the Blog out of Me

After finishing Extended School Year (aka summer school for babies) and finding that I had employment in September, I did what comes naturally to me, purchase a video game. Not just any video game, Dragon Age: Origins, a game I can only explain as the "Star Wars of video games."
  • Epic Story - Check
  • Fantastic characters - Check
  • Ultimate villain - Check
  • Dragons - Check
  • Sword fights - Check
The remainder of my summer consisted of Dragon Age. After beating the game three times, I purchased three of the expansion packs for the game and played through the entire game a fourth time. Hours after beating the game, I headed to my local Gamestop to purchase Awakening, another expansion pack for the game. Of course, this meant that I had to beat the game a fifth time.

Fast forward eight months, and I haven't played it since. Everything changed when Dragon Age II was released. The sequel to my favorite game was not as thrilling to play, however the actions you take in the first effect the missions and outcome of the second game. After beating Dragon Age II twice, I decided to return Dragon Age: Origins, with two goals in mind, play the game completely differently from my original experiences and to finally complete the Blight Queller Achievement.

Rachel has been quite patient through my game addictions; forgoing the television just for me. In fact, she finds most of the games I play quite fascinating, though most of the time she misses most of the storyline to Dragon Age because I'm usually in the middle of running around aimlessly completing side quests that have nothing to do with the actual story.

Rest assured, I haven't disappeared from the blogging world. I took a temporary hiatus, mainly from writer's block and the resurrection of the dragon obsession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment